Roasted Pecan Nuts for Christmas!
Christmas is creeping up on us and so is my love for baking. There is a few certain things I need every year and roasted almonds is one of them. This year I’ve been going to a nutritionist and been told I need to go on a low fodmap diet for a short period. Almonds, turns out, is not low fodmap. This website is not going to be focused on low fodmap – and it’s still going to have Nordic cuisine as a core, but I will add [LOW FODMAP] on the title, as there is many people who will benefit from it – as this is something that many people struggle with. Perhaps without even knowing.
Anyway, this recipe for roasted pecan nuts brings me just as much joy as roasted almonds – and just as much Christmas spirit! I hope you will love this recipe as much as I do – I simply cannot stop myself from grabbing a few every now and then.
Roasted Pecan Nuts
400 g pecan nuts
1/2 dl water
150 g sugar
1 tbsp butter
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Roast your pecan nuts for 15 minutes! This will give them a wonderful flavor.
- Add water and sugar to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Let boil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the pecan nuts and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Keep stirring until the sugar crystalizes and coat the nuts. They will look white at this point. Here is the patience test.
- Keep stirring on medium low heat until the sugar starts to melt again. This took me around 20 minutes.
- When the nuts are nice and shiny again, add the butter and stir that in.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and let cool.
- Store in an air tight container.