How about a breakfast porridge to celebrate spring this year? I got inspired by the flowers surrounding us with the harvest from last autumn- I’ve created an easy, yet delicious spread and topped it off with roasted almonds for that extra crunch and beautiful, nutty aroma.
Spring Porridge with Plum Butter & Roasted Almonds
Yield 1 serving
250 g almonds (more or less)
1 dl quick oats
2 dl milk
1/2 tsp salt
A pinch of cinnamon
- Make the Plum Butter.
- Roast your almonds on 180 degrees celcius for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Add oats, milk, salt and cinnamon to a saucepan and boil until thick-ish. You want the porridge to be slightly loose as it will thicken when it cools.
- Add the porridge to a bowl.
- Roughly chop the almonds.
- Add a nice amount of Plum Butter to the porridge and add roasted almonds.
Don’t have plums? Use your favorite jam!
Why 250 grams almonds? When you are going throuh the trouble of roasting almonds, why not make a bunch? They are the perfect snack!