Honey Glazed Pear & Plum Pie with Juniper berries
Yield 1 pie
400g wheat flour
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
4 juniper berries
1 dl port (optional - apple juice works too)
0,5 tsp salt
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp pearl sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Mix dices of cold butter and flour in a food processor and blend until a grainy consistency.
- Add ice cold water until it starts to stick.
- Press it together to flat disc and cling wrap it. Put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll it out to about a cm thick and place it in a pie mold (about 20 - 23 cm).
- Save some for the decoration.
- Prick the crust with a fork and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Make the filling by adding whole plums and roughly diced pears to a warm frying pan with butter and sugar.
- Add cinnamon, salt and slightly crushed juniper berries- to release the flavor.
- Let caramalize and drizzle over a nice amount of port and let simmer to half.
- Remove the juniper berries and add the filling to the pie crust.
- Add the desired amount of decoration on top. Be creative!
- Beat the egg with a splash of water and honey- and brush the pie crust with it. Sprinkle pearl sugar on top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
Recipe by MNK. at https://www.mynordickitchen.no/pear-and-plum-pie/