Here is a recipe for one of my favorite chocolate cakes of all times. Simple, easy and delicious- how scandinavian baking and cooking should be. This is the chocolate cake every Norwegian is grown up with, being one of the stable foods at every childs birthday party or even when you get invited to a cup of coffee. Its airy cake with its delicious, buttery- coffee frosting is just to die for, really, which is something I feel I have been saying a lot lately, but I truly mean that. The shredded coconut on top gives that extra umpf when it comes to taste and texture. A cake you shouldn’t miss out on, why not try a Norwegian Chocolate Cake the next time you feel like serving something easy, yet delicious?
The reason for why I am posting this incredible Norwegian Chocolate Cake is because I turned 26 last tuesday and I thought this cake would be more than perfect for the occasion. A year ago I would not believe that I would spend my 26th year in India, doing a yoga teacher training, but here I am. It is incredibly hard, but incredibly fun and I can’t believe it’s less than two weeks to go! I am enjoying life so much down here. Maybe I’ll make my fellow yogis happy by making this cake one of these days!
Making this cake takes around 30 minutes all together, which makes it perfect to do in a rush, maybe that’s why it is loved in every busy home.
Norwegian Chocolate Cake
Makes one medium pan- around 15-20 pieces
- 200g butter
- 2 dl milk
- 5 eggs
- 4 dl sugar
- 4 dl fine wheat or spelt flour
- 1 dl cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 75g butter (melted)
- 1/2 dl strong coffee
- 4 dl powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celius.
- Melt the butter and add milk. Whip eggs and sugar until big, fluffy and stiff.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together and shift this over the egg and sugar mix.
- Add the butter and milk and blend it all together, making sure all the air stays intact.
- Pour over in a medium/big pan and bake in the oven for around 20 minutes. Let it cool before you make the frosting.
- Mix the frosting ingredients together and pour over the cooled cake.
- Drizzle som shredded coconut ontop and let it set for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Freezes well.