Yield 10 people
1 kg salmon filet
70 g sea salt
40 g sugar
2 tbsp pepper
400 g blackberries
2 tbsp fennel seeds
4 tbsp aquavit
- Rub the salmon filet with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add blackberries, fennel seeds and aquavit to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Spread the blackberry mix on top of the salmon and tightly wrap it in cling film (several layers).
- Transfer to a baking tin and place something with a significal amount of weight on top, like a bottle of water or anything else heavy. This will make sure all the juices and seasoning will be absorbed by the filet.
- Let sit in the fridge for four days before you unwrap it.
- Wipe off the blackberry mix and salt mix with a paper cloth- do not wash it!
- Slice very thinly and serve straight away.
- Can be frozen after it has been cured.
- If you are either using a freshly caught fish or a fresh store bought one it's a good idea to freeze the filet over night to make sure there is no bacteria left in the fish. Ask your fishmonger if this has been done before you buy it.
Courses Breakfast, lunch, brunch
Recipe by MNK. at https://www.mynordickitchen.no/nordic-supper-blackberry-gravlax/