Liv’s perfect light and airy muffins.
I remember these Lemon Muffins from my childhood where my grandmother would bake these, cover them with a powdered sugar glaze and hand them to us whenever we would come visit. It was either these light and airy muffins or these amazing Cinnamon Buns.
Simple & good
My grandmother, as everyone else at the time, loved to smear everything with a powdered sugar glaze. Pretty much all of our baked goods have some sort of powdered sugar glaze. I must admit I’m not the biggest fan of the taste, as it can be quite “dusty” in flavor. A real American butter frosting is something I love, but I had to stay true to my grandmothers recipe, and enjoying them au naturel with a cup of coffee – is not too shabby either.
It all comes back to the simple and pure tastes that we have a tradition for. Why mess up something that works? Why add more, when less is better? I love the fluffy, airy consistency of theese muffins which is why I only covered one in glaze – the rest is for me to enjoy whenever I want!
Yes, they are in my freezer.
150 g sugar
150 g butter, melted
180 g wheat flour
2 lemons, peel only
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
50 g butter
1 dl wheat flour
1/2 dl quick oats
1/2 dl sugar
1 tsp lemon peel
Powdered sugar glaze
1 dl powdered sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees celcius.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until it forms a creamy texture (big, fluffy and firm).
- Add wheat flour, lemon peel, baking soda, salt and milk and blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture to a muffin/ cupcake mold about 2/3 full.
- Quickly mix together butter, flour, oats, sugar and lemon peel with your hands, making it into a crumble.
- Sprinkle the crumble on top of the muffins and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool and enjoy.
- If you want to make the powdered sugar glaze blend powdered sugar with lemon juice. Adjust with more powdered sugar or lemon juice if you need it more firm or more runny. Remember to put it on completely cool muffins – otherwise it will
Leave a Reply