Enjoy a different take on the traditional Nordic waffles with these Crisp Waffles from the Nordic region! Vohveleita in Finland, Sprøde vafler in Denmark and Frasvåfflor in Sweden. Enjoy with whipped cream, jam or my favorite- sour cream and strawberry jam.
Frasvåfflor | Crisp Waffles
2 dl water
180 g wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
3 dl full fat cream
Melted butter for brushing
- Mix the water, flour, salt and sugar in a bowl and let sit.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold it gently into the batter until combined.
- Heat the waffle iron to proper working temperature and brush lightly with butter.
- Cook until nice and golden and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Serve with sour cream and strawberry jam.
Recipe from The Nordic Cookbook