How about a breakfast porridge to celebrate spring this year? I got inspired by the flowers surrounding us with the harvest from last autumn- I’ve created an easy, yet delicious spread and topped it off with roasted almonds for that extra crunch and beautiful, nutty aroma.
Porridge with Plum Butter & Roasted Almonds
250 g almonds (more or less)
1 dl quick oats
2 dl milk
1/2 tsp salt
A pinch of cinnamon
- Make the Plum Butter.
- Roast your almonds on 180 degrees celcius for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Add oats, milk, salt and cinnamon to a saucepan and boil until thick-ish. You want the porridge to be slightly loose as it will thicken when it cools.
- Add the porridge to a bowl.
- Roughly chop the almonds.
- Add a nice amount of Plum Butter to the porridge and add roasted almonds.