Sunchoke Popsicles with Skyr & Buckwheat
500 gram sunchokes, peeled and roughly chopped
1-2 decilitre water
500 gram Skyr (or greek yogurt if you don't have Skyr nearby)
3 decilitre cream
2 decilitre buckwheat groats
1/2 decilitre honey
- Peel and roughly chop the sunchokes.
- Bring water to a boil and add the sunchokes. Add more water if it evaporates. Let simmer until cooked through.
- Pulse in a blender until smooth and let cool slightly before stirring in the Skyr.
- Beat the cream until it starts to thicken and gently fold it into the Skyr mix.
- Pour the mix into an ice cream machine for 10-15 minutes (If you don't have one, read Ps: note further down) . Don't let it turn to ice cream 100% yet!
- As the ice cream churns, make the caramalized buckwheat groats.
- In a pan, slightly roast buckwheat for a couple of minutes.
- Add honey let simmer for another minute or so.
- Remove from the heat and onto a baking paper to cool ever so slightly.
- Add the caramalized buckwheats to the popsicle molds before you pour over the churned ice cream.
- Freeze overnight.
If you don't have an ice cream machine, simply skip that step and pour it directly into the popsicle molds. Just be aware that the popsicles will get a 'icy' and 'crystallized' consistency.
Recipe by My Nordic Kitchen at http://www.mynordickitchen.no/sunchoke-popsicles/