Steel Cut Porridge with Apple Compote
1 dl steel cut oats
2 dl water
1 dl milk
2 red, tangy apples
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
- Add steel cut oats and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the water has evaporated.
- Roughly chop the apples and put in a suacepan with water and cinnamon.
- Simmer with a lid until mushy and soft.
- Add the milk to the porridge and stir until thickned. Leave to cool slightly.
- Serve the porridge with warm apple compote, honey and cinnamon.
You can use rolled oats or quick oats if you don't have alot of time.
Recipe by way to the north at http://www.mynordickitchen.no/steel-cut-porridge-apple-compote/