Celebrate the last harvest of autumn with this incredibly comforting bowl of steel cut oats with a warm topping of apple compote! You won’t be sorry you tried!
Steel Cut Porridge with Apple Compote
1 dl steel cut oats
2 dl water
1 dl milk
2 red, tangy apples
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
- Add steel cut oats and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the water has evaporated.
- Roughly chop the apples and put in a suacepan with water and cinnamon.
- Simmer with a lid until mushy and soft.
- Add the milk to the porridge and stir until thickned. Leave to cool slightly.
- Serve the porridge with warm apple compote, honey and cinnamon.
You can use rolled oats or quick oats if you don't have alot of time.