Spiced Rye Cake
2,5 dl honey
4 dl rye flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp cloves, ground
3 tsp ginger, ground
250g butter, room temperatured
1 lemon, zest
1 tsp vanilla sugar
300g powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celcius.
- Melt butter and set aside for now.
- Whip the eggs until fluffy and shift in the flour, vanilla sugar and spices.
- Stir in the melted butter and honey- and pour it into a cake tin (about 20 cm).
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until done in the center. Let cool completley.
- For the frosting add room tempered butter, vanilla sugar, lemon zest and powdered sugar in a food processor with a balloon whip and blend until white and fluffy.
- When the cake has cooled off- cut in in two and spread frosting on top of the one layer and place the second layer on top. Creating a lovely frosted center.
- Spread the rest of the frosting all around the cake and decorate with edible roses.
Recipe by My Nordic Kitchen at http://www.mynordickitchen.no/nye-spiced-rye-cake/