Vanilla Ice cream with Blackberry Sauce
Yield 6 servings
4 egg yolks
4 tbsp sugar
1 vanilla pod
4 dl cream, full fat
400 g Blackberries, frozen
- To make the ice cream- combine egg yolks, sugar and vanilla seeds in a heat proof bowl.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and place the bowl on top.
- Whisk constantly until the egg mixture becomes warm and the sugar has dissolved.
- Continue whisking either by hand or with a hand mixer until fluffy and peaks form.
- Whip the cream fluffy and fold into the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a mold and cover with cling film.
- Place in the freezer until frozen solid.
- Put the blackberries in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Serve straight away with the lovely, creamy vanilla ice cream.
Want it simple? Buy a good quality vanilla ice cream!
Don't toss the egg whites- freeze them for future use. You can make a pavlova or an omelette!
ice cream recipe from Matprat.no
Recipe by My Nordic Kitchen at http://www.mynordickitchen.no/nordic-suppers-vanilla-ice-cream-rye-crisp-blackberry-sauce/