Nordic Soured Milk & Caramalized Grains
Yield 2 persons
500 decilitre milk
1 decilitre sour milk, like kefir
1 decilitre oatmeal
1 decilitre rye grains
1 decilitre spelt grains
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons honey
- Heat the milk just below the boiling point and remove from the heat.
- When cooled, add the kefir/ soured milk and stir well.
- Let sit for 24 hours at room temperature covered with a kitchen towel to thicken.
- At this point the soured milk can be served and eaten, but it's always nicer cold- so put it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- To make the granola, add the grains to a frying pan and dry roast for a couple of minutes until golden.
- Add the butter and honey and stir well until blended.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet and let coold down.
- When cooled down, roughly chop the grains and arrange a bowl of soured milk with new roasted grains.
- Enjoy a Norwegian tradition!
Recipe by My Nordic Kitchen at http://www.mynordickitchen.no/nordic-granola-caramelized-grains-sour-milk/