I’m a huge sucker for porridge and everything that has anything to do with porridge. Maybe I’ve already written about it a bunch of times, but I thought I would devote a whole recipe and post to my Luxury Porridge which I usually make the times I want to splurge in everything wonderful. Usually Sundays, am I right people?
This Luxury Porridge, which is totally amazing by the way, is soft, decadent, creamy, sweet, sour and crunchy. All the components of a good porridge. The base is a good quality plant milk with a good quality oatmeal- this one being made of black oats, claimed to be one of the healthies oats in the world. I’ve topped it off with sour cherries, pumpkin seeds and a wonderfully, sweet and decadent cashew cream which makes everything so much better!
Now, the porridge itself is no biggie, I’m sure you have your own version which you just love to make. If you don’t you’ll find a great way here. The cashew cream on the other hand, might be something new. Don’t worry though, it is super easy- and so delicious and healthy! Cashew nuts is a great source to protein, vitamine b6, iron, magnesium and many others- all to support our bodily functions and general well being.
Yield 1 serving
For the Porridge
1 decilitre quick oats, supreme quality
2 decilitre plant milk, oat milk
1 pinch of salt
For the Cashew Cream
2,5 decilitre cashew, natural
4 decilitre water
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla seeds
1 decilitre sour cherries
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Start by soaking the cashews in water for around 4-6 hours.
- Drain the water and put them in a food processor and blend untill smooth. You can add some plant milk if it's not getting creamy enough.
- Add maple syrup- and vanilla seeds. Blend well and set aside for now.
- For the porridge, boil the oats in milk and pour over into a bowl.
- Heat the cherries in a saucepan until soft and slightly liquid.
- Add the cherries and sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top.
- Pour a good amount of the cashew cream over the porridge and enjoy straight away.