Lamb & Cabbage Casserole
Yield 4 servings
1 1/2 kg stewing lamb meat, cut into chunks
1 1/2 kg green cabbage
4 tsp whole peppercorns
2 tsp salt
3 decilitre water
- Layer the cabbage and meat in a deep casserole and sprinkle salt and pepper between each layer.
- Pour over salt and bring to a boil.
- Put a lid on and reduce the heat.
- Let simmer for two hours or until the meat falls from the bone.
- Fårikål is traditionally made with only green cabbage.
- Fårikål is often served with boiled potatoes on the side- I prefer not to fill up on potatoes and save all of my tummy space for this wonderful dish.
Recipe by My Nordic Kitchen at http://www.mynordickitchen.no/lamb-cabbage-casserole-farikal/