Grandma's No Knead Rye Bread
300 g wheat flour
200g rye flour
1/4 teaspoon dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
0,5 decilitre walnuts
1 teaspoon ground ginger
24 - 26 cm cast iron pot
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
4 tablespoons syrup, dark
4 decilitre water
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in two seperate bowls.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry bowl and quickly stir it together. The dough will be sticky, but firm.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for 12-18 hours.
- Sprinkle a good amount of flour on a baking paper and transfer the dough upsidedown.
- Gently wrap the dough in towards the middle. You want to keep as much of the air as possible while doing so.
- Sprinkle the bread with a good amount of flour.
- Cover the dough with your baking bowl to avoid it rising too much outwards. Let it sit for 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees celcius and place your pot there to make it good and warm while the bread is rising.
- Take out your pot and cover the bottom with flour before you quickly turn your bread upside down and into the warm pot.
- Quickly put the lid back on and place the pot into the oven and let bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for another 12 minutes to get a crispy surface.
- Remove the pot from the oven and place the bread on a cooling rack.
Direction made easier
- Make a dough
- Let sit for 12-18 hours
- Gently wrap the dough from the sides to the middle
- Let rise for 1 1/2 hours
- Preheat your pot in the oven on 250 degrees
- Add the dough to the pot
- Remove the lid
- Let cool
Recipe by My Nordic Kitchen at http://www.mynordickitchen.no/grandmas-no-knead-rye-bread/