Bishops Weed Soup with Root Parsley
2 garlic cloves
1 turnip rooted parsley or parsnip
3 decilitre stock (vegetable, chicken or beef)
2 decilitre bishop weed, freshly picked
2 decilitre milk
1 teaspoon seaweed powder
- Roughly chop onion, garlic and turnip rooted parsley.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and blanche the onion until soft.
- Add garlic cloves and turnip rooted parsley and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Pour over stock and let boil for around 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Add bishop's weed and blend until smooth with a hand mixer.
- Stir in milk and seaweed powder before you season with salt and pepper
- For the cold version simply let it cool and place in the fridge before serving.
Recipe by My Nordic Kitchen at http://www.mynordickitchen.no/bishops-weed-soup-with-seaweed/