Beetroot Chocolate Cake
An incredibly moist & dense cake. Perfect for any chocolate lover!
3 1/2 dl wheat flour
6 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 dl soured milk/ buttermilk
1 dl butter, melted
4 dl beetroot, finely grated
3 dl sugar
2 dl powdered sugar
1 dl cocoa powder
1 egg white
2 tbsp dark chocolate
1 tbsp raspberry dust
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and grease a round cake pan (20/24 cm).
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla sugar and salt in a bowl.
- In a different bowl, add soured milk, butter and beetroot. Mix well and set aside.
- Whip eggs and sugar fluffy until soft peaks form.
- Mix the dry bowl with the wet ingredients and gently fold in the egg mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into your mold and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes depending on the choice of cake pan.
- Let cool completely before making the glaze.
- Mix powdered sugar, cacao powder and egg white until smooth. Pour over the cake and serve with raspberry powder and bits of dark chocolate.
Recipe by My Nordic Kitchen at http://www.mynordickitchen.no/beetroot-chocolate-cake-28-years-age/