Beetroot Birthday Chocolate Cake
For those days when you need to feed your chocolate craving, am I right? This Beetroot Chocolate Cake is just as delicious as it looks- with its moist and dense interiour covered by a dark and sweet glaze.
This Beetroot Chocolate Cake is a wonder for any chocoholics out there- it’s crazy moist and utterly delicious! It has a subtle flavor of beetroot- so even if you don’t appreciate the earthy flavor of beets, this cake might surprise you!
Beetroot Chocolate Cake
An incredibly moist & dense cake. Perfect for any chocolate lover!
3 1/2 dl wheat flour
6 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 dl soured milk/ buttermilk
1 dl butter, melted
4 dl beetroot, finely grated
3 dl sugar
2 dl powdered sugar
1 dl cocoa powder
1 egg white
2 tbsp dark chocolate
1 tbsp raspberry dust
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and grease a round cake pan (20/24 cm).
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla sugar and salt in a bowl.
- In a different bowl, add soured milk, butter and beetroot. Mix well and set aside.
- Whip eggs and sugar fluffy until soft peaks form.
- Mix the dry bowl with the wet ingredients and gently fold in the egg mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into your mold and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes depending on the choice of cake pan.
- Let cool completely before making the glaze.
- Mix powdered sugar, cacao powder and egg white until smooth. Pour over the cake and serve with raspberry powder and bits of dark chocolate.